Are you struggling to get things done? Are you constantly feeling exhausted or overwhelmed during the day? We all know the feeling of overwhelm, to have too many things to deal with. This feeling can have a large impact on completing a project to the best of your ability or even finishing at all. Overwhelm can lead to stress, anxiety, and burn out! How you handle moments when the clock is ticking and things are out of whack, can affect your productivity, mental health, and physical wellbeing.
Life coaching can help you identify your triggers, manage your responses, and increase your effectiveness, even when you are feeling overwhelmed. Focusing your energy is one of the foundation principles of Fly High Coaching, and is a great place to start if you feel things spinning out of control. This involves channeling your thoughts in one, positive direction, being calm, and consciously considering the task at hand. With focus comes clarity, understanding, and purpose. The next time you are overwhelmed take these five steps.
1. Relax and take a deep breath. Yes, this sounds very simple. It’s so simple that most people don’t do it. Coming into a situation with your past, emotionally charged thoughts or stress can influence all aspects of your present and outcome. If you are feeling overwhelmed, countering that energy with positive relaxation can help you get off to the right start.
2. Ask yourself, what is my main goal? Often times when overwhelm sets in understanding your objective gets cloudy. By focusing on your main goal, you can remove all other thoughts and activities that can distract you. Make the choice to stop multitasking and spend your time on the number one priority.
3. Make a list of any projects that are part of your main goal. By breaking down the goal you can see if there are any other steps needed before taking action. At this time, your plan starts to take shape. Just having a plan can decrease the feeling of overwhelm and stress.
4. Do I have the resources? Now that you are focused on your plan, you can look at it objectively and set yourself up for success. Do you have the time, money, people, and expertise needed to reach your goal? If not, then you can acquire any resources or skills? If so, then you are ready to move on!
5. Pull out the calendar and get started! Figure out the timeframe needed to reach your goal and schedule it out. List completion dates for any smaller projects needed to reach the goal. Consider scheduling time to gather resources necessary for your projects and goal. With everything written out, you can start putting your plan in action and eliminate overwhelm!
Focusing your energy can benefit you by establishing a sense of calm, creating a plan, and increasing your ability to take meaningful action. If you are feeling overwhelmed or challenged in this area, life coaching can help you discover strategies that work for you, increasing your confidence to get whatever you really want.
P.S. If you liked this post, you might enjoy our BRAVE e-newsletter. Receive each new post delivered right to your inbox! Sign up here.
Latest posts by Porschia Parker-Griffin (see all)
- How to Become a Manager: Are You Ready? - June 10, 2021
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Work From Home Productivity - June 3, 2021
- The Top 4 Ways to Position Your Job Change - May 27, 2021