Its official, you are transitioning! Something has caused a major shift in your life and you are moving from the past to an unknown future. A common question people ask is, “Where do I go from here?” The answer, “Wherever YOU want to go! Transition coaching helps people work through their transition by focusing on creating plans and taking action. How would that be useful for you?
Transition coaching can be effective for many types of situations including: life events, career change, and relocation. You have the opportunity to get really clear on what is going on and the outcome you would like to create. It’s your choice to be stagnant, at the effect of things or to be consciously taking action, making things happen. Let’s explore the three keys to find out, “Where do I go from here?”
1. What do I want? While going through a transition, it’s common for people to not know what they want for themselves. The whole concept of change can be overwhelming and scary. By thinking about this, you can decide what is important and where you want to go. Working with a coach provides the space to brainstorm with someone who is non-judgmental, and only focused on your agenda. So go ahead and share that big dream you may have been scared to verbalize!
2. What resources do I need to get it? Now that we are crystal clear on what your life looks like after this transition, what is imperative to your success? Do you need people to support you? Do you need to learn more on a topic, get a certification or degree? Transition coaching helps you figure out the details, in addition to the big picture so that you are set up to succeed. Pull out some paper and start your list now.
3. How am I planning to get there? Once you have a vision and knowledge of the resources needed, you can craft your plan. What are the steps you need to take? How much time do you need to get this done? Will you pursue this full force or part-time? During coaching sessions you can map out the plan and maintain accountability for taking action.
While going through a transition, you might be feeling alone and question your next steps. Transition coaching can help you get focused and decide what you want to achieve. Take action and start creating the results you want see in your life. If you would like to discuss, “Where do I go from here?” contact us for a FREE, Vision of Success Coaching Interview.
P.S. If you liked this post, you might enjoy our BRAVE e-newsletter. Receive each new post delivered right to your inbox! Sign up here.
Latest posts by Porschia Parker-Griffin (see all)
- Active Listening Skills: How To Work With Someone Who Interrupts - September 8, 2021
- Stuck In A Bad Job? 7 Positive Lessons You Can Learn From Your Current Position - August 27, 2021
- How To Stop Being Toxic! 5 Tips To Creating A Better Work Environment - August 19, 2021